1. The Bible
- He gives me strength, hope, and love. I give it to him everyday.
- Plus my church and small group keep me reminded of his grace and mercy.
- I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33
2. The Nanny
- Yes, I have a college student who comes to my home and helps us get the kids to school and home from school. Especially since they go to school 25 miles from home.
- Yes, she spends the night when I am traveling.
- Yes, she folds laundry.
- Yes, I have a crush on her;)
- Or the Diet Mt. Dew, or Diet Coke. What ever it takes to keep me awake.
- Also those little 5 hour energy drinks when it has been an exceptionally long work day and I have about 43 things to get done at home too.
4. The Wine
- I am pretty sure this keeps me from killing someone. Or myself. It takes me to my happy place.
- Plus I have to support our grape farmers in this country. Where would they be with out my business. Economic development at its finest.
5. The Kids
- After all they are the reason I work the much. I just remember that they are functional, happy children who have learned to go with the flow. They deal with change beautifully because they don’t know life without change.
- And they are so stinking cute!
6. The Husband
- Let’s be honest, I couldn’t have a career and children without the support and help from my husband. I am thankful he supports my career habit.
- He also makes me laugh which keeps it real.
- With my friends from college. One of which is finishing up her PhD at Berkley. Yeah, I am friends with someone who is getting the PhD at Berkley. I am as shocked as you are!!
- We are taking the husbands/boyfriends along. I hope we remember it;)
- I have been doing Power 90 and then got the stupid idea to buy Jackie Warner’s Power Circuit Training. It is a working mom’s dream…15 minute workouts.
- Be warned you may not make it off the floor at the end of 15 minutes.
9. The Lack of Time to have a insanity flash
- Really, who has time to lose it? I have soccer and Sunday school and newsletters and board meetings and trade shows and…
10. The Pills
- Let’s just say Trazadone to sleep and…
- Lorazepam so my insides don’t explode.
- Some day I will not need them, but until I am independently wealthy don’t expect it.