Corn & Black Bean Salsa - Beyer Beware

Corn & Black Bean Salsa

I don’t think it is a secret to anyone that we love Mexican food. So, many nights we end up eating this quick and easy corn and bean salsa till we are out of tortilla chips. And then we just eat by the spoonful.

Start with 3 cups of frozen sweet corn that has been thawed but not cooked.

And then I grab a can of fire roasted tomatoes, some jalapeños, onions and garlic. If you have it handy cilantro is a good addition too, but if you don’t have it, don’t sweat it.

I diced up a half of a large Vidalia onion, two jalapeños, seeded, and three cloves of garlic.

Then I add a good couple of shakes of cumin. Probably about a teaspoon for my friends that need to know exactly how much.

Add it all to the corn. Toss in the can of tomatoes, drained and stir it up.

Add a can of black beans, rinsed and you are ready to serve with your favorite tortilla chips.

Don’t worry about leftovers, there won’t be. This will become your go to appetizer. Trust me.

Corn & Black Bean Salsa

Corn & Black Bean Salsa

Ingredients

• 3 cups frozen or fresh corn
  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Instructions

1. Mix all ingredients together. Serve with tortilla chips.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs says:

Thanks for telling me the exact amount of cumin that I would need. Consider it my birthday present. :-)

2. LINDY LEGENDS AND OTHER SUCH NONSENSE says:

Looks good! I have most of these ingredients in my pantry, I'm going to have to try it out! I'm your newest GFC follower and email subscriber via Feed Me Friday!

3. Nicole Feliciano says:

I found you from the eKat's Kitchen linky. Super yummy, love the way you get in all the veggies. I'd love for you to share over at Friday Food:

4. Jill Hopkins says:

Yum! My husband will love this.

5. Weekend Cowgirl says:

I made a recipe like this last summer and we could not stop eating it. Made it all summer!

6. I have one kind of like this, and you are right. It goes quickly! You may have to make another batch for the weekend! Have a great one!

7. LisaWeidknecht says:

Hopped over to follow via email! Follow me too? Weidknecht.blogspot.com

8. TerinAleah says:

I'm a new follower! :) Can't wait to get to know you better!

9. Erin @ EKat's Kitchen says:

I love a good salsa, and cumin does such amazing things to food! I totally love your header (I've said it before, I know, but it's true!). Thanks for linking this up to Friday Potluck!

10. Miranda says:

I agree, Mexican food is just so easy and awesome. Thanks for linking this up to Fat Camp Friday, see you next time! http://tiny.cc/FatCampFriday30

11. Oh my- I have to make that! Looks yummy- even though black beans and me- we don't agree. (ok- sharing too much!)

12. apple blossom says:

yummy

13. gatheredinthekitchen.com says:

Yum! This looks so good! We also eat Mexican style food multiple times per week!

14. Sara @ breville smart oven bov800xl says:

Looks delicious. Most of the ingredients are in the pantry so its a quick and easy. Great for summer BBQs. Enjoyed this post. Thanks Leah.

Trackbacks