Look what we found! - Beyer Beware

Look what we found!

In the sand cage

And I immediately sent them back to the sand cage to drop the little baby mice off and back in the house for a 20 minute hand wash with a bottle of soap.

Not cute. Not funny. (As husband cackles.)

Linked up to:
Pinke Post Wordless & Wordy Wednesday

Comments

1. Leontien says:

hihihi I just to LOVE finding little baby mouse when we were young. They were soooooo soft!

Leontien

2. Are those moles? So not cute…so so not cute….

3. The Durrer Family says:

I just had a full body shiver! LOL Our little guy is suddenly obsessed with trying to catch a lizard, he's going to flip the first time he "breaks a tail off" of one! And I'm going to flip when living creatures start finding their way into our house! Good luck to you and your little fuzzies!

4. Liz @ Two Maids a Milking says:

yucky!!!

5. Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek says:

What are they?

6. Leah @ Beyer Beware says:

They are little baby mice…so sweet and GROSS!

7. Hoosier Farm Babe says:

A baby animal that is not so cute, but oh SO GROSS!!

8. ICStarzz says:

ew, while this was a cool find, and they are kinda cute, I still think they're gross! I hope you got them out of the yard. lol and glad you got pictures!

-Samantha

9. Polish Mama on the Prairie says:

Awwww! How cute! I know, I know. They are mice, but they are widdle iddle biddy babies. :)

Great lesson for the kids why not every baby and animal is cute and about diseases from them. lol At least they aren't rats, right? *shudder*

10. project alicia says:

Oh my!! EEK!!

11. First off, those are not baby mice, they are baby moles which are partly an endangered species in urban and suburban areas. So, I guess putting them back was the right move. But what is with the ridiculous reaction? You are highly unlikely to catch anything from a mole and anything that one could “pick up” no 20 minutes of soap and water will get rid of. Instead of punishing the behavior of curiosity and initializing a child’s fear, next why dont you utilize this opportunity to teach them the lesson of “look dont touch.” It is important for children to connect with the world around them and experience life, however all you did was teach them incorrectly that
    a. those are baby mice
    b. that disease can be washed off
    c. to fear them just like you
    It is great to hear that your kids are actively interested in the world around them and are not held back by parental fears- foster this, dont punish it.