Hunk of Meat Monday: Crock Pot Carnitas

I cannot resist carnitas, ever. Carnitas = pork deliciousness at a Mexican restaurant. We had pork tacos or Carnitas Tacos at home finally. It was pork heaven!

I changed up some of my typical flavors for these and loved the small twist.  I started with a pork roast. Use a pork butt, picnic, shoulder, or even loin. I used about 3 pounds of meat.

So, the array of seasonings. Salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cumin, cinnamon and a beer with a hint of orange.

Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.

I pressed four cloves of garlic and and rubbed them on both sides of the pork.

I then rubbed the seasonings on both sides of the pork.

Then, I just couldn’t resist. I sprinkled some chipotle tabasco sauce all over. About 8 dashes.

And then I poured the beer over top and turned the crock pot on for 4 hours on high. Came back to beer almost braised pork.

I grabbed a big serving fork to help break it apart.

And then let it cook about 15 minutes longer on low.

I made some guacamole thanks to my friend Heather over at 3 kids and lots of pigs yummy inspiration. I covered my tacos with cheese, gauc and cilantro.

Last week, once again had some popular recipes. The top three included these great recipes.

Hunk of Meat Mondays

Comments

1. Katie @Pinke Post says

Yum! I have a whole hog coming soon and I'll be pulling out my array of spices for this carnitas recipe. can't wait. I linked up Magic Farmhouse's Dreamy Venison Stew. It's DIVINE.

2. Anita Stafford says

Your Carnitas look mouth-watering good! Thanks for featuring the Baked Bacon! This week I have shared Sausage Mushroom Pizza, it is the first post I did on my site. Thanks for hosting!

3. Katie @Pinke Post says

There is a first for everything. I just linked up…a second time. Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza actually also shows the BBQ Chicken Pizza. Both I made last week for our family and were big hits!

4. Emily @ Zweber Family Farm says

Yum, anything with a Blue Moon in it is a winner for me. Katie better hurry and come get her pork, so she can make this along with my recipe: pork chops with apple cider glaze.

5. Miz Helen says

Hi Leah,
    That Pork Roast looks out of this world and I love what you did with it. The Carnitas look delicious! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

6. Rene says

Ack! I just linked up homemade cheese dip and homemade yogurt! I'm sorry I know that it is all meat monday. I guess I was just spacing and thinking about when I'm going to make these carnitas for my hubby. He loves them and I've never made them. Please delete off my 2 entries. So sorry!

7. D @ The Shady Porch says

I love my crock pot and this recipe looks awesome. The lineup of spices looks so good and orange? sounds so interesting! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Rock 'n Share!

Trackbacks