I am telling you some days I want to lick my crock pot clean. The day I made this meal was one of them.
Please meet bacon wrapped Italian Chicken. You will not regret meeting. Trust me. No run to the grocery store and buy bacon and skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
I wrapped each chicken thigh with a slice of bacon. I cut a part one of the thighs to make two smaller pieces for the little people in my house.
Then place the chicken in the bottom of your crock pot. I of course use crock pot liners.
Then gather a few of the other ingredients you need for the sauce.
I used 1/2 cup of sour cream, but cream cheese could also be used, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and one envelope of Itaian seasoning mix as well as 1/3 cup of flour.
Mix together completely.
Since I used cream of mushroom soup I added a handful of whole mushrooms to the crock pot.
I then spread the Italian seasoning mixture over the chicken and mushrooms.
I cooked on low for 4-6 hours.
I cooked up some pasta right before dinner time.
I spooned the chicken over the pasta.
It was so good that our non-meat eater even had two helpings. I think it was the bacon. The chicken was so tender it fell apart as soon as the fork touched. Mouth watering…
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4-5 pieces of bacon
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope of Italian seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup flour
- 4 oz. button mushrooms (optional)
- Cooked pasta, such as fusilli
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and place in crock pot.
- Mix together the sour cream, soup, Italian seasoning mix, flour and mushrooms if using.
- Spread mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Serve over hot pasta.
What do you have cooking this #hunkofmeatmonday? Can’t wait to check your recipes out!