Like I mentioned, I started with two frozen round steaks.
I defrosted them for a bit and sprinkled with steak seasoning. These pieces of round steak were about 3/4 inch thick and folded in half in the package. I seasoning the inside and out.
I mixed together the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, onion soup mix (use beefy onion or onion), and a can of mushrooms.
I thought it was a little thick so I added about a cup of chicken broth but beef would work too. Use what you have.
Then spoon the sauce in the fold and on top of each steak. I stacked one round steak right on top of the other in the crock pot.
I cooked on low for about 8 hours.
I cooked up some orzo pasta. Rice would have been great too but I didn’t want to wait the 25 minutes for long grained wild rice.
The meat was tender and full of flavor. The kids asked for seconds so I would say it was a success.
If you don’t have round steaks, I think this would be a great recipe to use on cubed steak or even a roast of some sort.
- (2) 1-2 pound beef round steaks
- 2 Tbls. steak seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 envelope Lipton's Beefy Onion or Onion soup mix
- 1 can of mushrooms or 4 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. chicken or beef broth
- ½ box of pasta or one box wild rice, cooked
- Rub the steak seasoning on both sides of the round steak.
- Mix together soup, sour cream, onion soup mix, mushrooms and broth.
- Spread on all sides of the steak and place the steaks in crock pot on top of each other.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice.