I have a serious chips and salsa problem. I can be watching what I am eating and doing well at eating healthy, fresh, low carb foods. Then it happens. The family wants to eat at Chili’s or the local Mexican restaurant. And the chips and salsa show up in front of me and I lose all self control. Have you been there? Please tell me I am not alone.
Now, I have conquered my own restaurant style salsa at home.
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 can Rotel (10 ounce can of tomatoes and chilies)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon Jarred Jalapenos
- ¼ onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or two garlic gloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Place the onion and jalapenos into a food processor and pulse till finely chopped. Pour in tomatoes and seasoning and pulse till everything is mixed together.