So this friend of mine (we are friends in my mind) has this pretty amazing baked chicken spaghetti recipe. I decided to see if I could adjust it a bit to make it with ground beef instead of chicken this past week. And it was a successful new dish for ground beef.
This dish becomes perfect for a weeknight meal if you have some ground beef that has already been browned to pull out of the freezer.
Start by getting water going to cook a pound of spaghetti. I used cut spaghetti. If you use regular noodles, break them into three or four parts. While the spaghetti is cooking, finely dice one onion and one bell pepper.
- 1 lb browned hamburger
- 1 pound of dry Spaghetti, into thirds
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of cheese soup
- 1 cup grated colby jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 finely diced bell pepper
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup additional grated colby jack or cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to directions, drain and set aside. Mix beef, soups, 1 cup of cheese, and veggies together. Stir in seasonings and spaghetti noodles. Pour into large casserole dish or separate into two smaller casserole dishes to freeze one casserole for the future. Cover with the additional 1 cup of cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees.
What do you have cooking this week? Link on up to Hunk of Meat Monday!