Avocado Garlic Aioli

I like aioli. If you don’t like mayonnaise, you probably don’t even think you will like aioli. I first experienced an aioli while eating fries. It was life changing. I have always loved mayo and ketchup with my fries.  But, this my friends, is by far my favorite aioli.

Avocado Garlic AioliThe inspiration was loving to put avocado on my BLT. But that makes a fat sandwich. So I thought surely I can make an aioli out of avocados. The ingredients are simple. Sour cream, mayo, avocado, garlic, basil, shallots, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Avocado Garlic AioliI then decided to add a little bite, so threw in a banana pepper. Then pulse or puree.

Avocado Garlic AioliThen what, you ask? Treat it like any other condiment and spread it on your toast for a BLT. Dip your veggies in it. Put it on your eggs. Enjoy it!!

BLT with Avocado Aioli

Avocado Garlic Aioli

Avocado Garlic Aioli

Want to add a burst of flavor to your sandwiches or find a new dip for your veggies? This avocado garlic aioli will be your new favorite summer condiment.

Ingredients

• 1/2 mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 avocado
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 4-5 basil leaves
  • 1 shallot
  • 1 TBS lemon juice
  • 1 banana pepper
  • salt and pepper

Instructions

1. Add all the ingredients, roughly cut to a food processor.
  2. Puree until smooth.
  3. Store in refrigerator or use immediately as sandwich spread or dip.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. says

I definitely want to try this, thanks! I’m probably gonna sub full fat Greek Gods for the sour cream. My wife is an avacado monster, so despite the fact that she doesn’t like mayo, I’m sure she’d try this.

2. Lisa says

Made this today. Didn’t have shallots, so used chives. Didn’t have a banana pepper so didnt use it. Put this on toast points with a thin slice of carve master applewood smoked ham from Costco…yummers!

I am going to try to make some using plain coconut yogurt and homemade mayo as I can’t have dairy or soy.

Kids and hubby loved it!

3. says

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it
    to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She put the shell to her ear and
    screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

4. says

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website.
    I really hope to view the same high-grade
    content from you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get
    my very own blog now ;)

5. says

Whats up this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. says

I’m really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any browser
    compatibility problems? A small number of my blog audience have
    complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
    Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

7. says

It’s in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

8. Brittney dargusch says

Would it be good without the basil leaves don’t have them also could i substitute dry and if so how much