Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chops

The only thing that may have made these baked pork chops better is a splash of bourbon. Inspired by the garlic brown sugar chicken recipe I make, the cheesy garlic and brown sugar pork chops were delicious and easy.

cheesy brown sugar garlic pork chopsI mentioned easy. The most complicated is dicing garlic. Honestly. A few simple steps and you are on the way to pork heaven. Season each side of the pork chops with brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper with a dash of paprika and follow up with a drizzle of butter over the top of the pork chops. Use plenty of butter. Butter is a flavor conductor. It will run off and be left behind in the pan, but those pork chops will be juicy thanks to the butter.

brown sugar garlic cheese pork chopsBake the pork chops on 350 for 20-25 minutes or till the pork chops have an internal temp of 155. Then sprinkle with Colby-Jack cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes till cheese is completely melted.

brown sugar and garlic pork chopsEnjoy with your favorite barbecue sauce. Or not. I ate them plain. There is plenty of flavor, trust me. And of course, they would pair nicely with a bourbon and coke.

Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chops

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 4 pork chops

Serving Size: 1 pork chop

Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chops

A quick baked pork chop recipe that is full of flavor from the brown sugar and garlic. Adding cheese to the last five minutes of baking make these cheesy garlic and brown sugar pork chops irresistible.

Ingredients

• 4 pork chops
  • 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Rub both sides of pork chops with garlic and brown sugar. Place in square baking dish and drizzle butter over top. Sprinkle with paprika, alt and pepper.
  2. Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or till internal temperature is 155 degrees.
  3. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
  4. Bake for another five minutes.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Comments

1. Melissa C says

This sounds quite interesting! I’m giving this a shot for the flavor combination alone! It looks amazing tho!

2. Karrie says

Thank you!! I found this recipe today while trying to find something delicious to tempt my flu-ridden family. Three out of five are sick and not eating, including me. Im so happy i made.this. I could taste it woohoo lol. I figured the garlic and cheese would be extra good to.give us some clearing out for pores and extra protein and the smell and taste were divine. Thanks again! Will def make it again too.

3. simon says

bonjour,

cela m”a l’air délicieux, je vais essayer de le faire, bien que je ne sache pas par quoi remplacer le colby jack;

merci

• Katie says

Simon, je pense qu’il ya beaucoup de fromages, on pourrait utiliser pour remplacer le colby jack- havarti, gruyère, mozzarella, un cheddar doux, munster etc Tout fromage qui est doux et pas trop dur, ni trop souple serait bon.

4. Susie says

Made these tonight with 8 thinly slice boneless chops. So good!! Everyone gobbled them up. Thank you!

5. Crittendon says

You recipe calls for 4 garlic cloves but you said to rub the garlic onto the pork chops. Why use 4 cloves if your just using them to rub onto the pork chops. Sorry, I do not fully understand what your meaning. What do I do with the cloves after rubbing them into the chops

6. Harriet Hopkins says

I’m sorry but when I make this they will be in the oven longer than the time you stated. I know I’m old fashioned, but I’ve always cooked pork longer just to make sure. But these sure look good. Will be trying this week. Thanks.

• Dani says

USDA: You Can Eat Pink Pork Without Getting Sick

If you’ve been cooking pork chops until they’re dry and leathery in the name of safety, stop now! The U.S. Department of Agriculture has revised its pork-cooking guidelines, saying it’s OK to cook the other white meat to 145 degrees, and that the previous 160 degree recommendation was “probably overkill.”
      The 160-degree guidelines had been in place for decades, and were implemented to limit the risk of trichinosis. However, Elisabeth Hagen, the USDA’s undersecretary for food safety, tells USA Today that salmonella is “really the pathogen that we worry about the most in pork, so we had to be fully confident that salmonella would be killed.”
      Once the pork chop or roast reaches 145 degrees as read by an instant-read thermometer, it needs to sit for three minutes to reach a safe internal temperature, the USDA guidelines recommend.
      When the internal temperature hits 145, the external temperature will be higher. External heat kills bacteria on the surface of the meat. The interior of a muscle cut such as pork chops or steak is safe because bacteria can’t reach it.
      The USDA continues to recommend cooking ground red meat to 160 degrees, because surface bacteria can get spread around during the grinding process. Chicken should still be cooked to 165 to beat more widespread salmonella prevalent in poultry.
      USDA now says cooked pork can be pink, at 145 degrees – [USATODAY.com]
      Pork that’s pink is okay to eat, says USDA in revised rules [Consumer Reports]

7. Jill says

I made this for my family tonight and the only person that liked it was my boyfriend. The garlic mixed with the brown sugar made it taste spoiled. Looked yummy but didn’t taste like it looked.

8. says

Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and in depth information you
    present. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while
    that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material.
    Excellent read! I’ve saved your site and I’m
    including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

9. Jennifer says

I just made this tonight and it was really good!! I used thicker pork chops and they only needed 25 minutes in the oven. I will be making this again!!

Trackbacks